Friday, October 26, 2012

New Dessert to Try This Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

There's nothing like feeling deprived to make a mouse sad. So, instead of wallowing in my sadness, I decided to do some research.

So, I can't have coffee (even decaf lattes are now off limits with the no soy milk addition to my list of banned food groups), tea, hot chocolate (or any kind of chocolate for that matter), milk, butter, yogurt, sushi, soy sauce or bread. Life goes on and it can go on surprisingly well.

Last night I had polenta with a spicy chicken tomato sauce and it was delicious. Fortunately, Mr. mouse skipped his share to dutifully eat out verboten foods lingering in the refrigerator so I've got seconds for the weekend.

I wonder how it'll taste cold since our microwave is broken. The other option is to bake it in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes. I might have to go that route.

See? I'm managing. And, I'm excited for the weekend. I looked up dessert recipes in a cookbook we have. Yes. We still have some cookbooks. I found a recipe for apple souffle that calls for five ingredients:
  1. apples
  2. sugar
  3. almond extract
  4. egg whites
  5. confectioners' sugar
Fortunately for most home made desserts I'm on the look out for some key ingredients (coffee, chocolate, milk, and butter) because rarely do desserts include fish or soy sauce or tofu or prepackaged bread or anything like that. Now eliminating butter does eliminate a lot of recipes, but that's okay. I'll manage.

I know I can switch to margarine, but I'm just not willing to go there. If I'm going to make changes in my diet, I refuse to begin eating fake foods to supplement. I refuse. I can manage just fine, thank you.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: