Monday, September 15, 2014

09.15.14: Apple Picking Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

The weekend... Well, I can't remember Saturday all that well. We had house cleaning in the morning, lunch, and then I napped while Mr. mouse and P went bike riding.

Sunday, was a most perfect day. We went to church and then we went apple picking. Several friends from P's school made the drive out to pick apples with us. It was warm, but not too warm, sunny, but with just enough cloud cover, and breezy without being windy. We picked apples, ate a picnic lunch, and then lounged on the grass while the children played. P had a meltdown near the end which I wish we could have avoided, but it wasn't enough to ruin my day. The kids found a frog and after many attempts they caught it and one of the boys kissed it.

There wasn't as many apples as last year. I think it had something to do with the brutal winter we had and the less than stellar summer. But, we bought plenty to munch on throughout the fall.

Now, I'm off to my day. I think I should take my contacts off. They're bothering me.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: