Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Little Things

Dear Friends and Family,

It was raining this morning and I needed to drop off some art work at school so I drove P to school. Of course, the traffic was horrible. Of course, the rain got heavier right when we were pulling into a parking spot. Of course, P was confused. Of course, P almost stepped into a puddle. Of course, I barked at her about the puddle. Of course, she dawdled. Of course, the wind picked up right when we turned the corner. Of course, this upset P more. Of course, she dawdled more. Of course, we finally made it to school.

Did it get better then? Of course not. She needed her umbrella tied. I told her to wait until we got upstairs since the entry way was crowded. She was building up steam. I was building up steam. We tied the umbrella. I wanted her to put the umbrella under her bag. She wanted to hang it on the hook. We argued. I laid down the ultimatum and gave her a toddler choice of put it where I tell you to put it or I'll take it with me back to the car. She got upset. I got upset. She started crying. I comforted her. She got clingy. I got annoyed. Finally, she was "late" to school and the teacher came out and got her. I think she realized something was up because another teacher saw P in the hall with me.

I delivered my art work and walked back to the car. I was still annoyed. Then, to cap it all off, I unlocked my door to get into the car, I went to close the umbrella... I accidentally locked the car door, the umbrella closed partway and reopened splashing me with water, the wind blew soaking me with more water, I unlocked the car door and threw the umbrella and my bag in, in my hurry to get in I must half only opened the door partway, because it swung shut as it sometimes does... on my foot, but not before one more gust of wind blew one more sheet of water on me.

Yep. That just happened.

The little thing? Oh, I found parking near school in all of this mayhem.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: