Monday, September 29, 2014

09.29.14: Where Did September Go?

Dear Friends and Family,

It's September 29 which means we're now racing towards the end of the year with no brakes on the car. I've got so many things on my mind.

First, there's the budget. We've been on a budget since July and I'll be honest, although it feels good to know that we're not spending more than we've got, on a day to day basis it's the most god awful buzz kill ever. Fortunately, there's two days left to September before the accounting gods refill our petty cash kitty. So, we've got $16 to our name until then. I don't think we're living paycheck to paycheck since we put away money each month for P's school and for taxes and for future expenses. But, I can see how the stress of a budget can make people frazzled. After all, we know ours is only so serious. If we really need gas for the car or food on the table or money for medical expenses than the budget can go out the window. We're really trading off our leisure activities recognizing we can't go out to eat at the drop of a hat and recognizing we can't buy every cute outfit we see when P's drawers are overstuffed. Still, I'm so looking forward to October 1 when we reset our budget. $16 to cover the next two days. We have food in the fridge and gas in the car so we should be in good shape until then.

Next, there's the week ahead. I finally have time to myself. Yes, the week is still hectic, but outside of Friday I have the days to myself while P is in school. That's the most wonderful feeling in the world. I'll finally have time to spend on work and the house and my health and the to do list. If I don't make progress this week I need to revisit my plan because it means we're not set up for success.

Next, there's the weekend. We spent Saturday at home organizing the house and practicing handwriting which is good because P's handwriting had gotten atrocious and we didn't have that much money left in our budget. Sunday, we went to church, and then the park, and then a supermarket, and then a baseball game. P actually watched most of the game. It was a perfect summer weekend even if it was the last weekend in September.

Well, P just left so I need to get started on my day. Wish me luck.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: