Friday, September 19, 2014

A Light at the End of the Tunnel

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Friday. And, it's the last day of P's second full week in school. I feel like my game of whack-a-mole has gotten a little less frenetic with a light at the end of the tunnel.

If I haven't made a ton of progress on shrinking my to do list, at least it hasn't grown. If I haven't made a ton of progress on my idea, at least I've tread water and not lost ground.

And what does the next week hold for me? Monday, I have coffee with a Mom from P's school. She's in staffing and recruiting. So, while I'm not looking for a job, it's still a good idea to keep building my network. Tuesday, I have lunch with a colleague from old work who is helping me build out my idea. Wednesday, I'm at school all day for an all school meeting. Thursday, P doesn't have school. And, Friday, I've got the day free, but we have a birthday party in the evening.

I know. You're thinking, what light?

Well, the following week is much better. Monday, I may have lunch in the suburbs. Tuesday, Mr. mouse may have travel. Wednesday, I have a free day. Thursday, I have a site visit for work. Friday, I have lunch duty at school.

It still sounds like a busy week, but having a couple of days free is heaven compared to what I've been looking at the past two weeks.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: