Monday, October 11, 2010

10.11.10: Reunion Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

We went home this weekend for reunion. And, it was a success of somewhat limited scope.

P was okay on the plane. We had fun walking outside on Saturday. My mom got to play with P. I got to see a bunch of old friends at reunion. And, we saw Mr. mouse's folks on Sunday.

So? Well, P had a rough night on Saturday so Mr. mouse had to leave reunion early to do disaster recovery. And, I got to see a bunch of friends from freshman and sophomore year, but the junior and senior year friends remain MIA through two reunions now. And, last but not least, because we had an early afternoon flight, we had only the briefest of visits with Mr. mouse's folks.

Still, all in all, it was a good weekend. Time traveling with P is always good.

One thing that's interesting is watching my mom and Mr. mouse's step-mom with P. I think my mom scares P right off the bat. She comes in the room a rush of energy and noise and P just stares at the hyper-kinetic whirlwind and runs for our laps. Mr. mouse's step-mom, on the other hand, approaches slowly and let's P get used to her before playing quietly with her. I think P does better with the latter, but I don't know how to tell my mom that without hurting her feelings.

And, last but not least, P learned to take her shirt off by herself yesterday. Excellent.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: