Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Look of Winter

Dear Friends and Family,

Biggest storm of the past 70 years headed our way. And, that means it'll look a lot more like winter tomorrow than it did yesterday because all the leaves will have fallen off of the trees. And, with October coming to a close, I've begun to think about what lies ahead for me.

Perhaps it's time for a Top Three?

There's Klein. I'd like to take a week off and spend time with her away from work and, if possible, away from home. I'd like to play with her on the beach, in the sand. Yes, I think I need a vacation.

There's work - both mine and Mr. mouse's. I'd like to know what happens to Mr. mouse in the whole reshuffling his work is going through. And, I've begun to think about me. I had a good talk with my former manager yesterday and he gave me some very good advice about how to think about my own position.

And, there's Election Day. We already voted so there's nothing actionable on this one. But, I'm watching the media to see how this election cycle turns out. There's so much hate and vitriol and misinformation out there. My prediction? I think we're headed back to the future to an era of robber barons. I think at some point the masses will revolt and the age of the union will return.

So, where does that leave me? Well, I think I should hang tight for the next couple of weeks until we launch a big initiative at work and Mr. mouse gets a feel for what work will look like (or not look like) for him in 2011. Then, I think we should plan a vacation - a five day trip if we can't get the whole week off, and enjoy ourselves. The elections will have come and gone by then. And, whatever the outcome, life will go on.

And my work? I've got two to dos from my meeting yesterday - time with my manager to see where I stand and an updated resume for my old manager.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: