Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Waiting and Hoping

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday morning, on my way into work, I was reading through my emails and came to a text message from one of my close friends to tell me that... well, I won't go into the details of it here, but suffice it to say, I wanted to drop everything, get on a plane and go hug my friend, G. Since then I've been glued to Facebook and to G's blog and to G's twitter feed and to any place on line where I'm likely to come across more information.

I keep hoping for good news. I keep praying for good news. I want it to be good news so badly because I can't imagine life otherwise.

It's weird. Life yesterday morning was about getting to work, working on our 2011 plans, beating traffic, getting P to school, and all of the daily trivial details that make up our lives. Today, it all feels different. It all feels a little less important. Today, I want to take P with me to go see G and see if there's anything I can do to help. Anything, because anything feels better than waiting and hoping and praying.

Please keep my friend, G, in your thoughts and prayers.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: