Monday, May 16, 2011

05.16.11: Deep Breath

Dear Friends and Family,

Well. My one day break didn't quite materialize the way I thought it would because Mr. mouse TOTALLY lamed out on me. As in, oh, I have a happy hour but I'll be able to meet you at the train station for the drive home followed by a phone call oh I missed the train I'll meet you en route followed by no phone call until sometime when I got home with no real info besides sorry it's 7 o'clock I'll be home soon followed by 4 million phone calls from me to him at 8:30 to make sure I don't need to be calling hospitals followed by a blow up on the phone followed by no Mr. mouse when I went to sleep at 11 followed by claims the next morning that he was home by 10:45/11:00 o'clock.

Right. Behavior like this is what keeps private investigators in business.

Friday, why oh why is it always a semi-fiasco when my parents are in town? Oh right. It's because nothing ever works right. Their flight was delayed. They hung out at the airport because they never got Mr. mouse's text that he was home. The traffic was a disaster. Well, it all worked out in the end and we met up for dinner before heading home.

Saturday, party, success, minus P's lack of interest in sharing her toys.

Sunday, I napped when P napped. Good move, mouse.

And, now, it's Monday again and I'm hoping for a slow retreat to normal. Maybe. We'll see. Oh, and a desperate need to reschedule my dentist appointment for a tooth that is bothering me.

But, to end on a high note, Thursday, P did do some memorable things on the car ride home. She told me she had a wet diaper which isn't uncommon, but then she pointed to the side roads and said something like "back there, change diaper" because we usually turn down to a side street to change her diaper.

Then, at the last light before home she said "last light." I used to point out last light for the longest time, but hadn't pointed it out in months so I was a little stunned when she pointed it out. She also declares "passing park" now when we drive past the park.

Our little two year old.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: