Tuesday, May 31, 2011

05.31.11: Official Summer Kick-Off

Dear Friends and Family,

I know summer doesn't officially begin until June 22, but something about Memorial Day makes it feel like the start of summer. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell Mother Nature. And, Friday afternoon was a dismal, windy, cold affair. And, Saturday was a dreary, cold affair. And, Sunday was a rainy, cold affair.

But, then, Monday, the clouds dispersed and it was 90 degrees by 8:30 in the morning.

Saturday, P and I went to the park for a quick run through of the usual activities (swing, froggy, slide) and then went for breakfast at the usual spot for P's usual breakfast (ham, dip, pancakes, syrup) before heading back through the park for a quick run through of the usual activities (see above) and then home to see Mr. mouse.

Then, because neither Mr. mouse nor I wanted to do battle with P over her nap, we loaded her into the car and let her sleep while we ran errands.

Saturday night was spent playing a new game. P would tell me to lie down. Then, she'd tuck a padded portfolio "pillow" under my head, put a suit carrier "blanket" on me, put a toy bar ring on top of that, kiss me, tell me I love you and good night, then rub my chest and say, "Mommy sleeping." And, seconds later, "Mommy, awake." followed by good morning and a removal of the pillow and blanket. Repeat.

Sunday, we headed out to the aquarium. Because the pie line was so long, P fell asleep en route, and we hung out in the car while she napped. P was frightened while we were there, but spoke fondly of all the things she saw once we got home. Her favorite? A wall of fake starfish posted on the wall - each starfish thanking a particular donor to the exhibit. It POURED Sunday and I was dreading the worst when we got home. But, knock on wood, no visible water in the house. Yeah for mouse!

Monday, we went out for brunch and then I took P to the park while Mr. mouse worked on a presentation. We kicked the ball around for ten minutes and then played on the swing for another five before heading home. We let P play inside until nap time. And, while she slept her pool water warmed. It was so nice to have her nap at home so we could do stuff while she slept. The evening was spent cavorting upstairs in the pool.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: