Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Happier Mouse

Dear Friends and Family,

Yes. It's finally sunnier and warmer out. The days are longer. And, I'm in a happier place.

And, so far, my "chore wheel" is working. Actually, it's not a chore wheel, but it's an organized list of what needs to get done when to keep us from devolving into chaos.

For instance, today, I have on the docket the usual - feed P dinner, play with P, P bath time, and then put P to bed. Then, there's the Wednesday specific tasks which would be pay the bills... check... and then, last but not least, there's the 15 or so minutes I spend each night tidying up.

I'll be honest, 15 minutes a night isn't going to change the world overnight. I've been doing this for close to a month now and the house is still a disaster. But, 15 minutes a night is enough to make steady progress. I guess it's like credit card debt or losing weight - you didn't do all the damage in one day, so you're not likely to fix it all in one day. But, if you chip away at it, sooner or later you'll be where you want to be. And, I'm a day or two or three away from getting the kitchen in order which means I need to begin planning my next area to attack...

Granted at some point I will hit stasis where 15 minutes won't get me any new progress, it'll just get me to even on my current footprint. But, for now, it's enough to keep me going and that's enough for me.

So, yes, between the sunshine and the warmth and the progress on the house, I'm in a happier place.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: