Friday, June 10, 2011

Too Tired to Be Angry

Dear Friends and Family,

I was pissed last night. And, there's nothing like doing something stupid when you're angry. And, with my stunning judgement, I stayed up and organized the house - not because I wanted to, but because I've been annoyed with Mr. mouse.

He took a new job recently and the hours are longer, there's work on the weekend, there's more social events, and, now, our vacation day on Monday isn't a vacation day any more because he needs to come back early for work.

See? I'm angry.

So, last night, kudos to him, Mr. mouse skipped dinner and came home to spend the evening with us before heading out for drinks with the team to celebrate something or other. But, there was still stuff left to be done, so I began doing it.

And, 15 minutes turned into 50 when really I should have been asleep 30 minutes before I started (if that makes any sense) and now, I'm too tired to be angry.

I'm a wreck. Mr. mouse needs to get through this contract and needs to find some better level of work-life balance. I feel like I'm stepping it up to try to get our lives back in order and he's taking it as an opportunity to step down a notch so really we end up in the same spot with a lot more effort on my part.

Okay. Off to another rainy commute.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: