Thursday, May 19, 2011

Off the Tylenol

Dear Friends and Family,

I woke this morning and didn't have a splitting headache!

Yeah!

It's a quiet day at work today so I'll have a chance to do some thinking. And, with Mr. mouse home, hopefully, we'll get back into our normal routine which would mean that tonight he meets us at the train station, we get mail, we get dinner, we get gas and a car wash, and we head home.

We'll see.

I'm also cheerfully optimistic because I have begun a weekly organization routine and it's been working so far. I made a list of stuff that needs to be done daily and a list of stuff that needs to be done weekly. Then, I added a list of "hot spots" to be tackled - in order of priority. And, after my daily chores are done (for example, yesterday's daily chore was to log on and pay my bills) then I have 15 minutes to start on my list of hot spots. Not surprisingly, a week into it, I've begun to make progress, on, you guessed it, my kitchen.

Sooner or later, theoretically, I will get to the point where the kitchen is clean and organized and then I can maintain it in a couple of minutes and use the rest of the time to tackle the next area.

Theoretically, Mr. mouse is supposed to be doing his 15 minutes of time with me so that it's an opportunity to catch up with him as well as keep the house in order, but that hasn't been working so well lately. Perhaps I'll start my time when he comes down from putting P to sleep and we'll go from there.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: