Monday, September 09, 2013

09.09.13: First Semi-Normal Week

Dear Friends and Family,

After a week that defies categorization, we decided to take it easy over the weekend.

Saturday morning, P and I took a picnic breakfast and a picnic blanket to the park. We ate our breakfasts, we watched a puppet show, and P rode the swing. We headed home when it started raining. We had fun.

We read books and played while the house was cleaned. We ate lunch. We slept in the car on the ride to P's play date.

P had fun playing with Q, a friend from daycare school, while Q's mom and I talked schooling. We stayed until the kids were run ragged and then loaded up the car for the ride home.

Sunday morning, we went to church. P got to go to weekend school which she missed terribly when it was closed over the summer. And, then, I napped during the afternoon while P got time with Mr. mouse. We spent the afternoon with friends and even made a new friend in our neighborhood. Yay!

Sunday night we had dinner at home and weighed P again. She has lost half a pound since starting school. It's concerning. We'll have to see how this week goes.

Today, I've got a couple of work meetings on the phone. I have a call with a school for gifted and talented children. And, I'm going to call my Dad to thank him for a super nice card he sent me.

Tomorrow's my big "new" day. But, for today, I'm going to enjoy today and hopefully feel like the world is a little more solid than it was last week.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: