Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Wednesday. I'm finding a routine. It's not the routine I imagined. But, it's a routine.

I may need to revisit it see if it's meeting my needs. Speaking of which, what are my needs? After all, how do I know if it's meeting my needs if I don't even know what my needs are?!?!

So far, I've been focused on four things...

There's being a good mom which is now reduced to a couple of tasks I try to accomplish each day. I drop P off on time at school. I pick P up on time at school. I feed P a snack. I let P play for 5-10 minutes. I make P go potty. I put a pull-up on P. I read P a book. I let P nap until Mr. mouse gets home. So much for lots of Mommy-kid time. I suppose things will change once she starts skipping her nap.

There's being a good worker. This has been going fine. I need a better way to mesh my work calendar and my home calendar. I feel like, right now, things could overlap if I'm not careful. I suppose one way of doing it is to add any of my home commitments to my work calendar if they happen to occur before 2 o'clock. That will probably take care of surprises.

There's taking care of laundry and dishes. These were supposed to be my "small wins" to get my day started. And, they do get my day started. Still, my day goes so quickly. I had visions of a clean and orderly house. But, so far, the house is as much of a disaster as it was when I left work. I spent some time yesterday while P was napping organizing the house.

There's trying to tackle the to do list. This has been an epic battle and one that I am losing. But, perhaps this isn't a bad thing. I got through all of the super time-sensitive tasks I need to get through to get P through the first weeks of school. Now, it's flooded with nits and gnats associated with trying to ensure P has clothes and with making sure our weekends are planned out and other stuff. It may be time to take a break from the to do list and focus on something that will be more fulfilling.

Okay, assuming I've got the good mom thing and the good worker thing down, I suppose I've got a couple of options. I can work on my idea. I can work on the house. I can continue on the dratted to do list. I can work on me. All good options.

I think I'll work on me.

That's something to contemplate. Work on me. I'll need to give that some thought. I'd love to be back at my goal weight. Perhaps it's time to establish some habit routines around that.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: