Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 1: Moderately Successful Day

Dear Friends and Family,

P had a tough drop-off on Monday morning. She cried and she cried. She told Mr. mouse she didn't want to go to school. She told me she wanted to stay at home with me. Then, she went to her teacher. And, within 15 minutes she found her happy face and enjoyed the rest of her day. P and I agreed to read a book on the bench in the morning before school. We also agreed that I would pick her up at dismissal - no extended day, at least not for now. Mr. mouse and I agreed to get P to school earlier so that she has a chance to acclimate to school before having to walk in. Let's see how the rest of this week goes.

I accomplished all sorts of little things.

I called my Dad and thanked him for the birthday card. He's convinced P should become a doctor. No, let's not see what she wants to become. No, let's not see what she may be good at. No, let's not see how professions evolve over the next 20 years. No, let's just prescribe medicine now, of course. Still, it was nice to call him.

I made dinner plans with a close friend who's in town next week on business. I packaged up a sweater for Mr. mouse to drop off in the mail. I did a load of laundry and I put it away. I loaded the dishwasher. I dialed into two calls for work. I caught up on emails. I read P two stories in the afternoon. We did sheets. We did puzzles. I downloaded the remaining pictures from P's daycare school - four videos left to go.

I didn't make any progress on my idea. And, that's okay for day 1 of my first "normal" week.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: