Friday, September 06, 2013

Off to Work

Dear Friends and Family,

Last night I realized I was bitter. After much discussion and negotiation, I had agreed to work part-time. And, I thought it was a good idea. Except, this past week it's been the worst idea ever. I feel like I haven't been a good mom. I feel like I haven't been a good worker. And, I have done diddly squat on my idea. All in all, not a great week to be mouse.

So, today I'm headed into the office. So, at least I'll be a good worker even if I'm not a good mom or a good entrepreneur. And, next week, hopefully, will be a better week on all three fronts.

Honestly, it's been non-stop trying to just stay on top of school this week. I'm hoping next week truly finds a happier medium. If not, something will have to give. This morning it was ordering 2 leotards, 2 tights, and 15 pairs of dance shoes to try on next week because apparently we were expected to know to bring P in dance clothes for her class.

I should back track a little here. When last we spoke I was planning on leaving work. So, why am I headed into work? On my very last day, we decided to switch me from full-time to part-time work. I'd work between 15 and 20 hours a week, averaging out to 17.5 a week. I'd come into the office two times a week, usually on Tuesday and Thursday for about five to six hours and I'd work from home the other days for an hour or two checking emails and taking meetings by phone as needed.

This would give me the flexibility to pick P up from school every day. I'd still have time three days a week to work on my idea. And, for all of this, I'd get to keep 70% of my old pay check. It seemed like a great idea. Except, this week it hasn't been. With P out of school on three days and my computer working in fits and bursts, I haven't gotten much of anything done. So, today I'm going in to the office to get through the work and the IT issues.

Hopefully next week is better. Otherwise, I may have to resign a second time.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: