Thursday, September 26, 2013

When Mr. mouse Gets in on the Act

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday, a boat load of randomness found its way on to my to do list. I had a doctor's appointment which added follow-up on test results, schedule follow-up appointment, and get vitamin D pills for the winter to my list. Then, P told me she no longer wants to be an astronaut for Halloween. Now, she wants to be a paramedic which added paramedic costume to my list. I noticed I have a conflict with my November haircut and P's November class which added reschedule haircut to my list. And, last but not least, buy gift for my nephew who is visiting next week and schedule fall event got remembered which added them to my list.

Mostly, I'm pissed because I spent between 8 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon on bullshit tasks when I could have used the time on stuff I enjoy more. First, I went to a school event. The event itself was fine, but there was time before the event for socializing that I could have skipped without losing any sleep. Then, after the event I had just enough time to do nothing before going to my doctor's appointment. Lovely. But what really makes my blood boil is the hour I had to wait because my doctor is perpetually running behind. They really need to manage schedules better. Really.

So, I'm peeved about a waste of a day, in general, and the addition of more stuff to do is just rubbing salt in an already angry wound. My allergies are back. And, today I have ANOTHER school event. I cannot wait for October to come around and for all of this to hit a groove.

On a bright note, I did force myself to spend an hour on email last night so I'm not completely behind. And, I spent 30 minutes cleaning which felt good. And, Mr. mouse got in on the act and cleaned some more which is awesome.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: