Monday, November 17, 2014

11.17.14: Concentrating on Walking

Dear Friends and Family,

I've learned that when I'm walking I need to focus on walking. I shouldn't be thinking about things I need to get done or things I've gotten done or decisions I need to make or decisions I've made or anything, really, because when I do, that's when I sprain my ankle like I did on Friday. And, spraining my ankle puts a big damper on everything because everything is more difficult when you're less mobile.

Focus on walking, mouse.

The weekend? Well, like last weekend we played at home. I'm not sure this is something I want to become a long term trend, but for a couple of weekends it's a good way for P to play with the toys we have at home and for us to spend time interacting with her. It's also a good way to save money. We're getting ready for the holidays.

P's been building like mad with her Legos. She's great at following all of the instructions which come with a set. But, for P, that's only the starting point. Then she builds on top of the set with random pieces we have lying around. It's the best of both worlds, being able to follow directions and being able to use creativity. It's fun having time to do this. I'm glad we were able to foster a love of play in P.

And our budget? We're right where we need to be heading into the second half of November. We've got $13 for the day which includes some coffee concoction when I meet some parents tonight to discuss the year book and one $3 bus ride to drop off P this morning and maybe a treat for P. Assuming Mr. mouse packs lunch, we'll be fine for the day. In a prior world, I would have been appalled at $13 but that's what budgeting has taught us. In a prior world, we could have easily spent more than $13 for the day. Let's see: $2 treat for P, $3 bus ride, $10 lunch for me, $10 lunch for Mr. mouse, $3 in snacks for Mr. mouse, $5 at Starbucks, $12 parking, $45 total for the day. And, we wouldn't have thought twice about it. I'm glad we're on a budget. It's been a valuable lesson.

Today's shaping up to be a good day. I already checked on our library books and submitted P's application for Saturday school. I might actually try to tackle parts of the house today.

  1. pack school bag
  2. drop off P
  3. get ready for day
  4. make bed
  5. ***eat breakfast***
  6. clean up house, until 11:30am
  7. eat lunch
  8. pack dance bag
  9. prepare for yearbook meeting
  10. clear through emails as time allows, back to 3/30 if possible
  11. pick up P
  12. go to dance class
  13. go to yearbook meeting
  14. relax and enjoy the rest of the day
It feels good.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: