Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Happy Hump Day, mouse Catch Up Day

Dear Friends and Family,

Nope. I didn't get what I wanted to get done yesterday. And, I'm not surprised. That's okay. I still ate breakfast.

After breakfast I took on a large project of re-dating photos. We have photos from P's toddler year in school and the dates on them were clearly wrong so I began going through them as only an OCD mouse can and began correcting them. That in and of itself would have consumed my day.

But, then, I got a phone call from a friend from the seventh grade. I had a giant crush on him in the seventh grade. He's going through some really rough times. And he wanted to talk. So I listened. And before I knew it, it was time for pick up. I want to help, but I'm not sure what I can do.

In a way our worlds are so different. We talked about meeting for lunch over Christmas. He kept asking if Mr. mouse would mind. I can't imagine a world where Mr. mouse minds if I'm meeting a male friend for lunch. That's just not the world we live in. I have so many male friends. We do things together all of the time. Mr. mouse doesn't mind. And, if he does, that's his problem, not mine. But, he doesn't mind so it's not an issue. That's just the world we live in. Mr. mouse is my life partner not my jail warden.

I want to help, but I'm not sure he wants my help. Perhaps all he needs is someone to listen.

So, it's Wednesday and it's mouse catch up day.
  1. pack P's school bag
  2. wake P
  3. dress P
  4. feed P breakfast
  5. get ready for day
  6. brush P's teeth
  7. take P to school
  8. come home
  9. ***eat breakfast***
  10. pack P's swim bag
  11. pack my bag
  12. catch up on emails
  13. work on photo project until 10am
  14. get gas, budget: $40
  15. get mail
  16. meet dear friend E for lunch, budget: $18
  17. pick P up from school
  18. call my mom
  19. take P to swim class
  20. catch up on facebook if P naps
  21. catch up on reading if P naps
  22. feed P dinner
  23. bathe P
  24. read to P
  25. put P to bed
  26. recap budget from day
  27. go to sleep
If I can finish the photo project today I'll be happy. I've finished most of the easy to dos on my list. I'm getting to the ones that take time and each one is an investment. It's okay. It's worth it. Sooner or later I'll tame my list again.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: