Monday, June 23, 2008

06.23.08: Happy Summer Solstice

Dear Friends and Family,

It's officially summer! Whoopee!

The weekend started Friday evening when we met up with one of my friends from old work for dinner at Frontera Grill. The food there is so good! Now, if there was only something to be done for the 2 hour wait for a table. Sigh. And, while I picked up the drink tab for all of us, I was a little surprised when Mr. mouse picked up the dinner tab for all three of us and then insisted on picking up the cab ride as well. It's not a big deal, but makes to think he had one too many margaritas while we were waiting for our table.

Saturday, I woke up, and my ankle was the size of a grapefruit. I must have sprained it on Friday. So, while Mr. mouse was up and about, I spent the day with it elevated and iced and bandaged. At some point, I finally fell asleep for an afternoon nap. For dinner, B and Chef M and Chef M's daughter joined us for a barbecue on the roof. We made a ton of foods featuring local, fresh greens - rosemary baguette rubbed with green garlic, mixed greens with roasted corn and char grilled London Broil, Italian sausage with grilled baby fennel, Copper River salmon with fennel greens, rice pilaf with Spanish saffron and dessert (lime ice cream, caramel ice cream, lemon cake). The sun set at 8:20 by our best guess, and I made a wish on the first star of the evening.

Sunday, we headed over to our mah jong partners' place for a summer barbecue. It was his 39th birthday and her graduation. We met a lot of friends and family. The weather was a mix of perfect sunny weather and brief summer showers. We came home and watched the French Grand Prix, the F1 race at Magny-Cours on Fox. And, then turned in for the night.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

oh my gosh,your dinner sounds amazing! i'm struggling with detox here. hoping this week will be better. xoxoxoxox