Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mouse Finds Closure

Dear Friends and Family,

Mr. mouse and I used to have a Wednesday night ritual. We would carpool on Wednesdays. One of us would pick the other up after work and we'd head out to dinner. Then, we'd pick up the mail. And, then, we'd head home. It was a nice mid-week break.

Last Wednesday, we drove out together. But, due to a crazy confluence of events involving an impossible to schedule dinner and a crop share pick up, we both took mass trans home and skipped our dinner and drive. Then, on the walk home, Mr. mouse told me his Wednesday meetings had been moved - no more Wednesday carpooling. I was left with an odd sense of feeling like I had missed the opportunity to savor our "last shared commute" dinner, so to speak.

Fast forward to this week. And, I had a mini calendar meltdown yesterday afternoon. And, Mr. mouse offered to drive out to meet me for dinner giving me extra work time. Well, on the way to dinner, I realized it also gave us a chance to have our "missed" dinner, so to speak.

Ah, the little things that give me a sense of closure. Sad, but true.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: