Tuesday, June 24, 2008

06.24.08: Weekly Weigh In

Dear Friends and Family,

weigh in: 121

Whoopee! Well, I never thought I'd be so excited about being three pounds over goal. But, after the last couple of months, I have to say I'm absolutely ecstatic.

The doctor called yesterday with good news. The thyroid numbers are all within range. I may have been working out too hard. Or, dealing with a normal, old fashioned plateau. Or, just not working the Weight Watchers program. Or, waiting for the micro flora and micro fauna in my gut to reset after switching to real foods. Or, my Friday walk. Or, my Saturday nap. Or, a million and one other possibilities.

Hey, I'll take it! This brings me back to my mid March weight which would be when we went to Florida for Spring Training.

It will be a tough week coming up. My ankle is still pretty tender so I won't be able to work out as much as I want. And, I've got dinner out tonight, tomorrow night and the weekend with friends. But, I've got faith that I can get through it. At least, as long as my intra-week weigh-ins go decently. I'll take each occasion as it comes. My plan for Thai tonight? 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup curried chicken, 1/3 cup pad thai. And, lots of dinner conversation.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

way to give good scale, mousie! ;) i hope to be following your lead here soonly! xoxox