Tuesday, December 30, 2008

12.30.08: Home for the Holidays

Dear Friends and Family,

We went home for the long weekend.

Thursday, we flew out to see Mr. mouse's folks. They picked us up at the airport and we spent the day at home catching up, watching TV, and preparing Christmas dinner. They made turkey and gravy, sweet rice with sausage, crab cakes, egg rolls, lobster bisque, cranberry jelly, asparagus and pumpkin pie. Can you say stuffed?

Friday, we did some shopping, went to Mr. mouse's mom's site (she passed away, I never had a chance to meet her), had dinner and then did some quick shopping. While we were at Whole Foods, Mr. mouse bought a stuffed monkey for Pioneer. It made it that much more real for me. It's the first thing we've purchased for them since finding out we were expecting. It made me cry.

Saturday, we drove over to my parents' store. We spent some time with my mom and then headed downtown for some shopping and to take in the holiday vibe. If you're wondering what's with all the shopping, it's mostly gift exchanges to get other sizes, colors, etc. We met up with my sister and brother-in-law and my brother for dinner. I think my mom really enjoyed seeing all of us together.

Sunday, we met up with my uncle and aunt for lunch. Then, we headed over to see my grandmother. I had my expectations set low since she has good days and bad days. But, Sunday turned out to be a good day and she recognized us all. I didn't tell her about Pioneer, but it was so good to spend time with her. We swung by my other uncle's place, but he wasn't in. Dinner was a simple affair at home with my brother and parents. Then, we watched Iron Man, which I have to admit, I enjoyed.

Monday, we woke early and headed back home. We toyed with going on one last trip. But, ultimately, with the Gaza Strip headlines and just feeling like doing stuff around the house, we decided to take this week to begin preparing the house for Pioneer.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: