Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Winter Robe

Dear Friends and Family,

At home, I usually wear a t-shirt and shorts or a long sleeved shirt and yoga pants or a sweat shirt and sweat pants, depending upon the weather. But, with Pioneer, I've become a robe person. It just feels better to not have something pressing against my belly.

I have two robes, one an unused gift from six years ago and the other a yukata from a trip to Japan ten years ago, that have been getting heavy usage the last two months.

Where's this all leading? Mr. mouse and I were Christmas shopping Monday night. And, on our way out to the car, Mr. mouse noticed a beautiful, soft, long sweater that looked like it could be a perfect new "robe" for me with the colder weather. Price? $210. Um, thanks, but no thanks. But...
  • original price: $210
  • marked down to $147
  • less 50% ($73.50)
  • less an additional 20% ($58.80)
  • less an unexplained $16.80 ($42)
$42 for a winter robe? Well, that seems more in the ballpark of what I'm willing to pay.

Last night was our first real snow of the year. And, the commute home was a nightmare. But, coming home, and slipping into my new robe. Well, it made it all better. I'm so glad we bought it.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: