Monday, January 05, 2009

01.05.09: Mouse Pad Time

Dear Friends and Family,

We made measurable progress against the basement/new guest room over the week we had off. Sadly, after seven days of non-stop work, there's still more to be done. We've dropped off countless carloads at the Salvation Army, taken out bags and bags of garbage and recyclables, and moved piles of stuff into other rooms (e.g. boxes into the garage and photos into our bedroom). And, there's still more to be done. We have about a dozen more boxes to go through. Then, we need to find a storage solution (e.g. shelves) for the rest of the stuff that's staying down there. Still, we made progress which is a good thing.

What else did we do this weekend? We ate in a lot and we restocked the fridge. We watched a little football and folded a lot of laundry. We went out for waffles only to find that the place we went to didn't have waffles and had Swedish pancakes instead. We slept in. We enjoyed our last two days of the longest time off together that we can recall in the past ten years.

The one downer was on Sunday night, I realized I forgot to buy the 2008 US Mint annual coin set. They go for around $30 on the official site and are available for six to nine months. I could have sworn I purchased them, but it looks like I didn't. And, now I'm stuck on the secondary market where they go for closer to $60. I have no one to blame for myself. I'm refusing to let it get to me. Better to end the weekend on a high note.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: