Tuesday, January 27, 2009

01.27.09: Chinese New Year Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

Another year, another Chinese New Year party.

This year's party was perfect, size-wise - enough people to make a party, but small enough that I had a chance to spend a few minutes with everyone. I had to pace myself to keep from getting tired and made it to about 10 before petering out. At that point, I was able to collapse with a couple of girlfriends and regroup for the night.

I have to say, my winter cabin contingent made my evening. Our neighbors came out and stayed with us and helped us prep for the party. And, Trixie and G drove/flew out for the evening. It's our regulars that really make the party what it is.

Speaking of which, a couple of Mr. mouse's friends are always here and always fun. Two of them did me proud with their decision to join Weight Watchers. They look amazing! Our shot master lamed out on us two years in a row now. Hopefully, he can make it next year.

As for clean up, it's slower this year with reusable bowls and cups and Mr. mouse not wanting me to tire myself out. And, prep was a little more chaotic this year with Mr. mouse and the Dad showing up an hour before the guests with the liquor and the barbecue. Sigh. Last year will probably take the cake from an organization and prep perspective.

And, now, it's Tuesday and I need to muster up the energy to get ready for work.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: