Wednesday, January 07, 2009

01.07.09 (Week 22, Day 5): Independent Taste Panel, Great

Dear Friends and Family,

Mr. mouse read a book yesterday over lunch that mentioned Pioneer is developing their own taste buds at this point and can begin to distinguish between foods I eat. This brings a couple of things to mind...
  1. Time to re-start eating healthy so they grow up liking foods that are good for them, not junk food. I'd fallen off the bandwagon because, well, no good reason, really. I guess because I wasn't feeling well the first trimester and the doctor told me to focus on anything I could keep down and refined carbs definitely helped settle the stomach. And, then, I just fell into bad habits over the holidays. Sigh. No time like the present to motivate me to get back to good habits.
  2. Time to make sure I eat a variety of flavors. Don't want a picky eater, so it's a good time to make sure we get a lot of different flavors in, and all of the different cuisines we like. It's a tough job, but I'll take one for the team. Um, let's see, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Malaysian, Indian, Middle Eastern, Turkish, Greek, Italian, French, Spanish, not to mention NY deli, pizza, southern, barbecue, tex mex, southwestern, oh, the list is endless, I'm not sure I can accomplish this in 18 weeks...
  3. Time to recognize Pioneer has preferences that will continue to limit my choices. They didn't like onions the first trimester and they're showing a dislike of garlic this trimester. I'm not going to make a huge effort to eat around it, but I will make note of it.
Good times.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: