Friday, February 19, 2010

When P Tries Her Best

Dear Friends and Family,

Sometimes I let P try to do things on her own to see how she manages. And, it's so cute it makes me laugh until I almost cry.

One time I put some food on her tray, but it was before she really figured out how to get it to her mouth using her fingers. So, she opened wide, leaned forward and tried to get at it whole body, except the safety belts on her seat didn't let her lean forward that far. She was watching me as I was watching her to see if her actions were meeting my expectations. My little P.

Last night, I was curious if she could get into nursing position on her own. First, she just looked at me and cried. Then, on the second side, when she was less famished, she leaned forward until she fell on her stomach, perched up mini cobra style and tried to latch on. Mouth open the whole time, watching me watching her. I laughed as I curled her on her side and tucked her in close to me. My little P.

She's growing so quickly (or let me rephrase, learning so many things so quickly, she's still a tiny baby) it's heartening to have those cute baby moments to realize we still have baby time left to enjoy.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: For dinner, we had pasta with tomato sauce and tuna - all three of us.

No comments: