Tuesday, May 11, 2010

05.11.10: One Year Ago Today

Dear Friends and Family,

P is having round III of breakfast. She had milk. Then, she had pancakes with the option of bananas and fish. Now she's having jar food and apple sauce with Mr. mouse.

A year ago today we were in the hospital napping, writing and playing Scrabble. I had already gotten my epidural and they had broken my water. I was scared that something could go wrong and worried that I would miss my little P once she was born.

So many times during the first year felt so perfect I wished I could freeze time at that moment forever. But, then, the future moments were so perfect I realized if I could have frozen time I'd have never seen the future moments. So, now, I'm okay with time passing and perfect moments being replaced by perfect moments - like last night, when P was practicing standing and was all grins as we cheered her on.

And, mouse, what about me?

I made it to the one year mark for breastfeeding. I'll be done with the daytime pumping later this week. Then, I'll be done with the evening pumping sometimes in June and can sleep through the night.

I still have about 20 pounds to lose which I can now get started on.

I had a lovely dinner Saturday night and Sunday night and pancake brunch Sunday afternoon with Mr. mouse and P for a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. And, to cap it off, Mr. mouse had a couple come to give a quote on housecleaning services - his Mother's Day gift to me.

Work is good. I'm enjoying the opportunity to do the work I do with people I enjoy working with. And, they pay me to boot.

All in all, I'm thankful for all that's been given to me and realize how fortunate I've been in being able to enjoy the past year.


Cheers!
mouse


PS: still looking for the scrap of paper from our Florida weekend to recount the details of that trip and our detour in Texas.

No comments: