Thursday, May 27, 2010

Remembering and Catching Up

Dear Friends and Family,

Ah, time to catch up from our trip in April. The one that landed us at the hospital on the way back. I'll see how far I get and I'll pick up where I leave off another time.

Here's my scribble scratch:
  • poopy diaper
  • pulling out wipes
  • no interest in older toys
  • new sitting positions
  • waking by self
  • smile when milk time
  • sand :(, ocean :(, nap :)
  • sunset
  • stranger anxiety
and more notes:
  • stand
  • buoyancy
  • cut on face
  • loss of binky
  • giddiest with us
Wow, that's a lot to cover.

poopy diaper: We were in the hotel room and I thought I smelled one. I walked over to P to take a peek. Usually it's a false alarm and I get to peek at cute baby butt. But, this time it was filled and brimming and threatening imminent disaster. Mr. mouse came over and we diagnosed our options in averting such said disaster. We twisted and turned and assessed and ultimated kept her standing while we cleaned her up. Disaster averted. P looked at us kinda funny like she was trying to figure out why we didn't do the usual routine. That only made the whole incident that much funnier.

pulling out wipes: While we were packing, we left P to play with her toys. She discovered her wipes and figured out how to open the pack. She pulled out a bunch of wipes one at a time. She hadn't ever done that before nor has she done it since. It was just a classic parent moment - baby surrounded by wipes, patiently pulling out the next one, a look of cause and effect on her face as she goes. We laughed some more and put the wipes back in.

no interest in older toys: P's lost interest in her six month toys - mostly rattles with no sound, just bright colors to look at. Guess it's time for us to pack them away to make room for new toys.

new sitting positions: P was a butt on floor, legs in front of her baby. Now, she's got a ton of random positions with her legs tucked under her bent back at the knees, on one knee with the other leg half up to get into a standing position more easily, with both legs bent and her butt floating like an old Asian grandmother... wherever her legs happen to be is fine with her now.

waking by self: I'm drawing a blank. There are times when P can wake now without necessarily crying. This is what I must have been referring to. I'm not 100% sure.

Okay. Five down, many more to go. Will write more later. Should go shower and get ready for work.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: P hasn't had her pacifier for two days now. I kind of miss her happy pacifier face and the cute way she eagerly grabbed for it, orienting it before putting in her mouth, taking a couple of quick drags, and then resuming whatever it was she was doing before. I'd love to give it back just to see the face, but I'm resisting. One of us has to be an adult in this relationship and I guess for now that's my job.

No comments: