Monday, May 24, 2010

05.24.10: Clearing Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

There are those who think clear desk, empty mind... or something along those minds. I'm the opposite, a clear desk (and clear inbox) allows a clear mind because I'm not focused on the million and one little gotchas. I can focus on the big rocks that drive my business.

And, the same goes for home. For me, there's NOTHING better than a clean house. And, Mr. mouse, wonderful spouse that he is, bought me housecleaning service for my Mother's Day gift. That means I have every motivation to get organized (since it's tough for cleaners to clean around the clutter) and once I'm organized I stay organized (how disorganized can you get in two weeks?) and once I'm organized I'm done (because someone else will do the cleaning). We had cleaners at the mouse Winter Cabin and I loved it. Can you tell I'm a big fan?

Well, we had the first cleaning this past Saturday and it feels wonderful. There's still more organizing to do on our side, and some optimizing on their side, but, it feels wonderful. On the financing side, I've decided to kick in for the present. I'm cancelling my defunct gym membership and my caffeine addicted coffee habit and that'll leave us close to cash neutral on the cleaning. Sad, but true.

Sunday, we went for ramen brunch. And, we gorged on Japanese noodle. So yummy.

P has been busy with two new developments. This week we noticed a fifth tooth (aka chomper) coming in. Upper right, next to her big tooth. And, she's been practicing giving kisses. Granted they're huge, slobbering kisses, but they're precious nonetheless.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: