Monday, May 03, 2010

05.03.10: And Then We Played Some More

Dear Friends and Family,

In a twisted sort of way, with hindsight being 20/20 and since it seems like P's fine now, I'm glad we got to spend the extra time with P last weekend. With Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and part of Wednesday + Saturday and Sunday of this past weekend together, it's been almost a full week together, or at least it feels that way - time with our baby before she transitions to being a toddler.

And, during that time, we got to see lots of firsts, which I WILL document between now and her birthday - some big ones and some small ones. I'm glad we got to spend the time together and enjoy the bliss that has been our days for the past year before making the jump into year two. If you know me, you know I get sentimental around life stage changes.

This weekend?

Saturday, we slept in, we played, we cleaned up a little bit, we went for a walk to order P's birthday cake, play in the park, buy bread, and pick up lunch, and then we played some more.

Sunday, we slept in, we took photos, we played, I called my sister, we cleaned up a bit, we ordered cupcakes for P's birthday party, we went for a walk to eat brunch, and then we played some more.

And, that was it. After a flurry of travel (all of April if you think about it), we had a quiet weekend at home to kick off the month long celebration of P (almost all of May if you think about it).

And, my big goal this week is to stick to my commitment: noon to 2PM, water only.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

ok so...what happened with P in houston? glad she's ok, just curious what got you headed in the direction of the hospital? xoxo

(btw the word verification below says: messes. coincidence? perhaps.) ;)