Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Trip Out

Dear Friends and Family,

Silly me. Did I really think I would spend today ranting and raving when I have so much more to write about?

I'm on my first trip without P.

I flew out last night after dinner. I'm here today and half of tomorrow. I fly back in time to see P before she goes to bed on Wednesday, assuming my flight lands on time.

Mr. mouse met P and me at the airport last night. We had dinner. Then, we walked to the gate together. P was getting tired so I offered to have Mr. mouse drive her home rather than wait the last 15 minutes with me at the gate. So, I got to watch them walking through the terminal before boarding.

Mr. mouse was walking. And, P was looking over his shoulder. She was so small, but with two giant eyes staring back at me. And, they both got smaller and smaller until my view was blocked intermittently, and then they turned the corner and left. And, I was all alone to board the plane.

Landed okay. Got the car okay. Got to the hotel okay. Checked in okay. Pumped okay. Fell asleep, but slept lightly. And, here I am.

The highlight of it all? Mr. mouse sent me two pictures of P for when I landed. It was so good to see her "real time."


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: