Friday, June 18, 2010

06.18.10: P's First F1 Race

Dear Friends and Family,

After a little bit of a hiccup, we had a fun weekend. Then, I had a work trip followed by sleep catch up. And, now, it's Friday and I need to catch up on the weekend before the next one comes our way.

We made it out, stand by on a later flight, Friday afternoon, to Ottawa. From Ottawa, we rented a car and drove to Montreal. It was a long day, but we made it there in one piece. Almost.

P felt warm when I felt her while she was sleeping. And, the next morning she threw up after breakfast. And, she was warm enough at the track that I bought some infant Tylenol on the way home which she had Saturday night, most of the day Sunday, and then Monday morning. She also developed a lovely rash on her belly. Our only hope is she didn't feel compelled to share any of this with her two friends in Montreal.

P slept through qualifying. She watched about two thirds of the race either in the stands with us or down below being walked by either Mr. mouse or me. Overall, I'd consider it a success although neither Mr. mouse nor I followed the race closely enough to understand anything that really happened.

We had a quiet night in both nights - lobster and salmon the first night and lobster and steak the second night. And, after an uneventful trip home, we had sushi Monday night while P was sleeping.

I'm looking forward to seeing our friends again when they come out for the marathon.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: