Tuesday, June 29, 2010

More Transitions

Dear Friends and Family,

Apparently P did okay yesterday with her shoes and her cup. Yesterday, I packed her a 2 ounce cup and two 5 ounce bottles. Today, I packed a 3 ounce cup and two 4.5 ounce bottles. Tomorrow, if all goes well, I'll pack a 4 ounce cup and two 4 ounce bottles. And, then, we'll lose another bottle. And, theoretically, by 7/12 P will be bottle free when she transitions to the toddler room - which leaves milk and school room.

And, as coincidence would have it, we'll be tackling milk tomorrow. The freezer stock is now low enough that P won't have enough for her full day tomorrow. She'll get an 3:1 blend for a week; then, a 2:2 blend for a week; followed by a 1:3 blend for a week.

It feels sad to be transitioning. I never worried about breast milk - whether or not it was good for her. There's no agricultural council that profits from the sale of breast milk. There's no industrial agricultural machine that produces it. It's the ultimate local, craft micro-brew. And, now, P is done with that stage. She's growing up.

I know at some point between now and college she has to transition. And, I'm thrilled to be done with pumping at work. And, we're still nursing at home in the morning and evening. Still, there's a pang associated with transitioning. I guess I'm never very good with transitions.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: