Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Money Model Updates

Dear Friends and Family,

Nothing like tracking something to make yourself obsessed with the numbers.

I'm not sure if I wrote about it (and I'm too lazy to check), but I built a model a little over a month ago to track our retirement plan. It looks at a couple of very simple metrics (e.g. inflation, investment, and investment growth), but in a slightly different way. Instead of building one model, I built two models - a best case and a worst case. Each month I update the numbers to see how we're tracking - so past months reflect the same actuals and future months reflect two different forecasts, essentially.

New inflation numbers just came out and and our worst case monthly investment amount went down $21/month and our best case monthly investment amount went down by $32/month. Next week I get to update investment growth numbers.

I must be an odd duck. I'm enjoying this more than any normal person should.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: