Thursday, June 24, 2010

Who Are You? Oh, You're My Spouse

Dear Friends and Family,

I can see how it happens. After two decades raising the kids, two adults turn and look at each other and find a void, an odd feeling of do I know you because you look strangely familiar.

Mr. mouse and I had more than your average amount of time together before adding P to the mix. And, I thought we had a strong enough foundation to ensure a foolproof outcome. I've come to realize only a fool believes in foolproof. I'm not sure how, but, somehow we have to make sure we make the time and take the time to not become strangers.

Currently, our lives revolve around P and my crazy commute. Perhaps the answer to this is that the crazy commute has to go away.

I guess there are a couple of different ways to make this happen...

1. We could move, closer to my work. Mr. mouse could find public transportation options and I would have a shorter drive.

2. I could switch jobs, closer to home.

3. P could switch schools. I would take the train home. Mr. mouse would have drop off and pick up duties.

Selfishly, I don't think any of three options impact Mr. mouse as much as they impact me. So, if I were going to trade off our current home location, my job, and the couple of minutes I spend every day with P... I think I would pick the third option, once P is a little older. Perhaps that is what this comes down to, somewhere in the next year or so we should evaluate our options and see where we are. Who knows, I might land on option 1. if we can't figure out the schooling question.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: