Tuesday, June 08, 2010

More

Dear Friends and Family,

Sorry. Blogger was down yesterday morning.

Sunday night, P and I were playing on the rug. I had two balls in a plastic container that I was shaking like a rattle. She kept looking at me and saying moa, moa. Sounded like more, but without the r. So, I shook the rattle more. But, she shook her head no and said moa, moa - looking at me in a questioning way - like when you travel and you're saying something in another language and you're not sure if you're saying it right.

So, I said it back to her in a questioning tone. Moa? Moa? And she smiled and made the baby sign language hand gesture for more. At which point Mr. mouse and I were on cloud 9000 - P's third word! More!

We were besides ourselves trying to figure out what she wanted more of. We figured good behavior should be rewarded with positive feedback. Clearly it wasn't dinner since she ate a little bit of everything and seemed full. Mr. mouse started walking with her in the kitchen while we thought about it. Then, she came to me, looked at me, and said moa, moa while making the hand gesture.

Well, there's only one thing meh can provide that beh can't. So, even if it wasn't P's typical feeding time, I picked her up and started carrying her upstairs. She was giddy and so were we.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: