Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stock Purchasing

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm making my first re-entry into the stock market. We spent a bunch of months paying down the house, building up the emergency fund, etc. And, then, we spent a bunch of months sitting on cash because the market seemed like such a crazy place.

Why the change? I had a conversation with a friend yesterday. And, I'm not sure I agree 100% with everything he does. But, sometimes he says things that make sense. And, yesterday, it did. The concept is to invest in strong companies which bring a "buy high" implication which is counter-intuitive, until you think about it in a people context, where if you were investing in people, you invest in good performers, not in mediocrity.

So, I took a very "bold" move and decided to invest less than what some people spend on a new outfit. At the same time, I'll be entering in a stop sell later today which should theoretically further limit my losses.

We'll see. It won't make us wealthy, but it's something to continue looking at.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: