Friday, August 19, 2011

Yeah, Right

Dear Friends and Family,

I made it through another week at work. And, while it wasn't a fun week by any measure, I think I made a difference this week. We had to let someone go in our department and two people were taking it really hard. I think I made a difference for them in making the week more bearable.

On a personal note, we crossed an item off of our "yeah, right" list. You're thinking, huh? I sort my to do list into three buckets:
  • NOW!
  • whenever
  • yeah, right
Mr. mouse had a camera that stopped working. It sat in a bin for months on end. He finally sent it in to be repaired. They couldn't repair it and sent it to level 2 repair. They couldn't repair it. He researched the crazy list of options of cameras available (new and used) to come up with a list of price, feature, benefit, etc. And, he bought a new camera which just arrived. That's why it's on our "yeah, right" list.

Other stuff on that list?
  • our dead desktop
  • digitize wedding video
  • the dead watch
  • the marginal air conditioning
  • the third cell line that we don't need
  • our decrepit gym membership
  • our sad money market account which earns almost no interest
  • the worn out deck table
Yes, it's a sad list of stuff that usually gets copied from week to week to week, untouched, with little faith it will ever get touched. When it does, it's an extra dose of feeling good.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Love the lists names! Maybe I need to categorize mine like that.....take the sting off the fact that I have too many items that just seem to hang around forever!