Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Alarm Clock Ringing

Dear Friends and Family,

The alarm clock has been ringing for the past 20 minutes, but Mr. mouse seems to be deep asleep so I'll let it continue to ring. Oh. There. It just stopped.

We were up late last night, talking, about stuff. The stuff from the weekend stuff. And, it was close to two before we fell asleep.

I got a lot off of my chest. But, I can't say I feel a lot better about it all. I feel like, in this one, there's no right or wrong. There's his opinion and there's my opinion. Neither is right or wrong, they're just opinions after all. I told him if he feels strongly about it, he should look for someone who agrees with him. But, he doesn't want to. The topic isn't important enough to break up a family over. Instead, he would prefer it if I changed my mind. But, try as I might, I can't or rather I won't.

I'm entitled to my opinion. I am strong enough to say, if this isn't right for you than we need to both be grown up about it and find alternative solutions which work for both of us. I'm scared to death of the thought of not being together. We've been together for the past 16 years. But, I owe it to myself to be honest with myself. I need to remind myself, this isn't about me. But, in the end, I keep coming back to questioning myself. Is this about me? And, is the topic important enough to break up a family over?

It's not easy. But, life isn't easy. And, I've overcome. And, I've persevered. And, I've always tried to stay true to who I am. I'm not easy. But, life isn't easy.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: