Friday, December 09, 2011

Options, Options, Options, Options

Dear Friends and Family,

Well, short of a nice Santa rally on Wall Street, 2011 isn't going to be a banner year for me to write about.

So, in thinking about this more, I think I've got a couple of options. I can wait it out since really much of it is beyond my control. Or, I can do the things within my control to change the trajectory of our retirement portfolio.

Decisions I can make? I can decide what to invest in. I can invest more aggressively. I can invest more of our portfolio. I'm going to veto both of those options simply because I don't believe it has much upside for us and it does have bucket-loads of downside for us.

Other decisions I can make? I can decide to save more. And, I think this is a viable one. We're comfortable with our budget now. Perhaps we can budget a little more carefully and send the balance in to our retirement portfolio. I'm willing to try it for a couple of months if Mr. mouse is.

Then, come January, that'll be a nice add to our sad retirement portfolio. My goal is to make my entire paycheck discretionary. We'll see how that goes.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: