Monday, April 23, 2012

04.23.12: To Dos Done

Dear Friends and Family,

Feeling overwhelmed, I made a giant to do list on Saturday morning with five columns: this weekend (things that couldn't wait like our haircut and play date), the idea (organized by priority), P's birthday prep (which we didn't make much progress on), school stuff (which we needed to do this weekend for Teacher Appreciation Week) and other (which got all of our longer term miscellaneous tasks). Having the tasks sorted really helped lay it out so that I didn't feel overwhelmed. And, we got a bunch of it crossed off of the list.

The whole school column is complete. The this weekend column has two items on it for the upcoming weekend - catching up on F1 (hopefully the bar still has it on TiVO) and getting a manicure. I'm sure other things will come up that need to be added to the list. But, as of now, it's mercifully short. Oh, housecleaning. Housecleaning needs to be added.

So, I'm entering the new week feeling a lot more composed than I exited the last week. Focused on my idea. Enjoying work. Thinking about my habit loops. And, managing my to dos.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: