Tuesday, April 24, 2012

More Habit Loops

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday was the last of my "found food" days. I had Chipotle for lunch because is was free. And, today I had a miserable weigh in. In building my habit loops (aka mouse's house of cards) I've so far accomplished a fair bit considering I only started on this journey in March.

  1. nails are growing
  2. laundry is getting done
  3. kitchen is getting organized
  4. retainer is being worn
And, now, food is getting ignored. Yep. The other morning I was waiting for P to wake up in the parking lot and took the time to scribble down some of my food routines, cues, habits and rewards. It wasn't as difficult as the nails list.

First of all, I know what my old routine on Weight Watchers was. My current routines aren't hard to isolate. I know the routine. Food gets picked up and put in mouth. The rewards are sadly not very rewarding. So, it was really isolating the cues that I needed to do.

Some cues were easy - time of day and hunger. Some were replacement cues for nail biting - bored, stuck, stressed. Some were social - food with people. For now, I'm tackling everything minus time of day. I can eat breakfast. I can eat lunch. I can eat dinner. I can eat my fruit and vegetables. Everything is will be ignored.

No more found food.

We'll see how many cards I can add to this house of cards before it all comes tumbling down.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: