Friday, April 13, 2012

Independence

Dear Friends and Family,

April marches on regardless of other priorities. So, I need to stay on top of keeping our money invested.

This morning I put in an order for more stocks. And, as long as I'm working, I'll keep saving for retirement.

I like knowing I am making progress towards our future.

I know there are people who live in the moment. I know there are people who figure it'll all work out. I know there are people who figure their children will support them. I know there are people who feel they can't afford to save right now. I know there are people who are banking on their parents. I know there are people who assume their spouse will take care of them. I know there are people who assume the government will take care of them.

Unfortunately, I am not one of all those people. I need to feel like I am taking care of me. Sadly, I don't feel like I can rely on anyone else more than I can rely on me. And, I'm okay with that. It's liberating to be independent. It's comforting to have Mr. mouse with me on this journey. But, it's still nice to know I'm with him because I want to be not because I need to be.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: