Friday, April 27, 2012

What's on Deck?

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Friday!

Fortunately, after our über-productive last weekend, we don't have a pile up of tasks this weekend. But, I'd like to continue down the path of getting things crossed off the list.

What's on deck for the weekend?

Saturday morning, we'll do the usual. Mr. mouse will stay at home while the house is cleaned. I'll take P out to the park, library, and breakfast. We'll stop by the gym on the way home to cancel our #$%@! gym membership. I wouldn't be annoyed except the gym membership director is on maternity leave and the person covering for her is insisting on either a signed fax or a visit to the gym - contrary to the original communication which was that an email would suffice. I went to the gym to empty out my locker so this is necessitating a second trip, but don't get me started on that one.

Saturday afternoon, I'll get a much needed manicure. Mr. mouse will need to drop off dry cleaning. And, there's a couple of photos we need to transfer to thumb drives for friends.

Then, Sunday is a free day. We may try to watch the F1 race on make-up TV. Or, depending upon the weather and our mood we may do something else.

I'll skip on working on the idea this weekend. I think the next step is going down to City Hall to get licensed. I've got a vacation day on May 10th which is only a week and a half away so I think I'll use that to get that checked off. Plus, I got a bunch of things done last weekend, so I'm not feeling too guilty on this front.

All that means this weekend will be the big push for preparing for P's birthday party which is in a couple of weeks.

  1. order cake
  2. order decorations
  3. complete the favor bag
  4. order P's birthday gifts

For the cake, P wants a chocolate cake.

For decorations, we need to order some mix of plates, cups, napkins, spoons, forks, knives in some combination of flags, Paul Frank Julius and solid colors. Yes, this is what happens when you allow someone like Mr. mouse to determine the party theme.

For favor bag, Mr. mouse and I are in disagreement on the contents. I can either order the pieces I want included and make Mr. mouse deal with it or I can leave the whole project in his capable hands. But, trying to get consensus before ordering is turning into a nightmare. Decision made. I'll just order the pieces and he'll have to incorporate into whatever the final thing turns out to be.

For the gifts. We need to order a bicycle for P. My mom gave us money for a bicycle. P wants a bicycle. Mr. mouse wants to give P a bicycle. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that P will be getting a bicycle. P also wants an umbrella so I need to find one I like. Then, there's some combination of books, toys, and/or playmobil pieces to round out the birthday gifts.

If we get through all of the birthday stuff this weekend, I'll consider it a major victory.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: