Monday, June 18, 2012

06.18.12: Happy Father's Day, Daddy

Dear Friends and Family,

Happy Father's Day, Daddy.

Ah. The bliss. At some point in throwing out things, Mr. mouse decided to jump on board. I'm not sure what triggered it, but I'll take it.

We also got the house cleaned. And, the new washer/dryer came. And, we did mountains of laundry. And, I dropped off dry cleaning. And, I went to the bank. And, we did a bunch of little things that put the house closer to in order.

Sunday, I left Mr. mouse's card and P's present on her dresser. When she woke up, she had fun reading the card with Mr. mouse and opening the present. He must have liked it because it's up on his dresser. We also took P out for bagels - something she does on Sunday with Daddy, except this time I joined to pay.

Sunday, we had some stunning success with potty training. We had one incident in the park (had the pull-up on just in case) and one incident at the baseball game (while waiting on line to go to the bathroom) and the rest of the day was accident-free. We're so proud of P.

Sunday, we cleaned out a bit of the kitchen and the laundry room - organizing a drawer of clutter and re-purposing it for kitchen towels. We also cleaned out a shelf in the laundry room and put all of the stuff that used to sit on top of our dryer away.

Something about potty training and packing boxes of baby things to give away makes me wish we had a second P. I think the feeling will pass. But, if we could clone her or press the rewind button to 2009, I would be game to relive the past three years.

Sunday, we finished the night at a baseball game. P got to drink lemonade and eat french fries and a popsicle. She had fun. Mr. mouse had fun. I had fun.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: