Tuesday, June 19, 2012

P Begins Potty Training

Dear Friends and Family,

P started potty training on Sunday. And, it's been going well.

Sunday, prompted by her mom and dad, she sat on the potty every hour and went. She was accident free until 2:30 in the afternoon when she was due for another potty moment. But, she was in the park in her diaper and so I'm not sure if I should count it as an accident or just a moment in time when she went in her diaper. In the grand scheme of things, it's not even worth categorizing, it's just worth noting.

Sunday evening, we went to a baseball game. And, P was good about going to the potty every hour. There was one time when she had her accident waiting on line to go.

And, the rest of Sunday was incident free.

Monday, she had three accidents in school. Her teachers say this is normal and they think she'll improve rapidly. We'll see how today goes.

And, then she had two accidents at home. But, unlike prior incidents, these times, she knew she had an accident and let us know. Lots of laundry, but lots of progress.

Today, I think I'll put her in pull-up with her swimsuit on top for water day for the drive to school. Then, I'll leave her at school in her swimsuit sans pull-up. We'll pack a spare swimsuit and lots of spare clothes and underwear.

Wednesday night could be interesting. We're going to another baseball game, but this time P will have chugged her milk en route to the game. We'll see.

All of this makes me realize she's growing up very quickly. Once she's out of diapers, there'll be very little "baby gear" left. She's got her high chair and toddler bowl and plate and spoon and fork and chopsticks, essentially her eating gear, and that'll be about it. Oh, and the crib. And, I guess technically the stroller and sling.

Okay. I feel better. Even if all of the diaper gear leaves the house, there'll still be remnants of toddler stuff to remind me she's not completely grown up.

I have a feeling that she'll continue to transition out of it between now and four or five. But, for now, I'll get to keep my little girl a little longer.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: