Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mouse's Budget: Week 5

Dear Friends and Family,

I did it! After many "bad" weeks, I came close to my $100 per week budget.

week 1: $111
week 2: $151
week 3: $146
week 4: $157
week 5: $112

This week is promising to be a bad week. I think the week looks manageable, but Saturday I've got a haircut and wax and manicure. It will not be good. And, I need to prove I can spend less than $100 to begin eating away at my deficit.

Last week gives me hope. After three weeks of 50% overage, I'm back in the 10% overage category. Plus, when I look at the week, I can see how I could have stayed under. That's what feels good.

dinner with Mr. mouse and P, $32
brunch with P, $20
dinner with Mr. mouse and P, $14
BYOB wine, $11
brunch with Mr. mouse and P, $7
chocolate milk shake and fries for me, $6
eBay, $6
training chopsticks for P, $5
coffee, $4
cookie and Diet Coke, $3
fries for P, $3
Diet Coke, $1

If I wanted to spend $12 less, I would have cut out BYOB wine, $11, and down-sized fries for P to $2 for small fries from $3 for medium fries.

If I wanted to spent $10 less than that, giving me a $10 buffer, I should have passed on the chocolate milk shake and fries for me, $6, and the cookie, $2, and the coffee for a friend, $2.

So, there you have it. Progress.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: